Individual Tax Filing

We help our customers in preparation & filing their personal income tax returns. We believe and understand that every customer has different tax needs and we support every customer in the best possible way to get maximum refund with 100% compliance with IRS regulation.

We help in preparing all kinds of individual tax returns including the ones with foreign income and possible foreign tax credit (Form 1116) one may be entitled for foreign tax paid if any.
OUR Expertise but not limited to in reporting foreign income from India, Canada or any other countries, foreign tax credit according to the IRS rules and regulation.

Good News! you do not have to visit IRS office for submitting ITIN application. We are certified acceptance agents (CAA) with IRS and we can accept ITIN Application in our office.

  • What is an ITIN?

  • An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) is a tax processing number issued by the Internal Revenue Service. The IRS issues ITINs to individuals who are required to have a U.S. taxpayer identification number but who do not have, and are not eligible to obtain, a Social Security number (SSN) from the Social Security Administration (SSA).

  • What is an ITIN used for?

  • IRS issues ITINs to help individuals comply with the U.S. tax laws, and to provide a means to efficiently process and account for tax returns and payments for those not eligible for Social Security numbers. They are issued regardless of immigration status, because both resident and nonresident aliens may have a U.S. filing or reporting requirement under the Internal Revenue Code. ITINs do not serve any purpose other than federal tax reporting.

    An ITIN does not:
    • Authorize work in the U.S.
    • Provide eligibility for Social Security benefits
    • Qualify a dependent for Earned Income Tax Credit Purposes
  • Do I need an ITIN?

    1. 1. You do not have an SSN and are not eligible to obtain one, and
    2. 2. You have a requirement to furnish a federal tax identification number or file a federal tax return, and
    3. 3. You are in one of the following categories.
      • Nonresident alien who is required to file a U.S. tax return
      • U.S. resident alien who is (based on days present in the United States) filing a U.S. tax return
      • Dependent or spouse of a U.S. citizen/resident alien
      • Dependent or spouse of a nonresident alien visa holder
      • Nonresident alien claiming a tax treaty benefit
      • Nonresident alien student, professor or researcher filing a U.S. tax return or claiming an exception
      • If so, then you must apply for an ITIN

  • Do I need an ITIN?

  • If you need to file a tax return in 2019 and your ITIN has expired or will expire before you file in 2019, IRS recommends you submit your renewal application now to prevent potential delays in the processing of your return. If you use an expired ITIN on a U.S. tax return, it will be processed and treated as timely filed, but without any exemptions and/or credits claimed and no refund will be paid at that time. You will receive a notice explaining the delay in any refund and that the ITIN has expired.

The IRS' Streamlined Domestic/Foreign Offshore Procedure is way to resolve foreign account noncompliance, including the failure to file FBARs, Form 8938s, etc. and/or failure to pay income tax on earnings from unreported foreign assets.

Contact our office for an appointment to discuss your specific case and to understand the right option for your specific case.

Additional Resources:

Tax returns should be amended if any of the vital information like Interest, Dividend or any other income is missed while filing original tax return. We help in rectifying any error in your tax return by amending it.

You are a dual-status alien when you have been both a resident alien and a nonresident alien in the same tax year. We can help you in filing dual status tax returns.

You can be both a nonresident alien and a resident alien during the same tax year. This usually occurs in the year you arrive or depart from the United States. If so, you may elect to be treated as a Dual Status Alien for this taxable year and a Resident Alien for the next taxable year if you meet certain tests.

You are a dual status alien when you have been both a U.S. resident alien and a nonresident alien in the same tax year. Dual status does not refer to your citizenship, only to your resident status for tax purposes in the United States. In determining your U.S. income tax liability for a dual-status tax year, different rules apply for the part of the year you are a resident of the United States and the part of the year you are a nonresident. The most common dual-status tax years are the years of arrival and departure.

For The Part of the Year You are a U.S. Resident Alien

For the part of the year you are a U.S. resident alien, you are taxed on income from all sources. Income from sources outside the United States is taxable if you receive it while you are a resident alien.

For The Part of The Year You are a Nonresident Alien

For the part of the year you are a nonresident alien, you are taxed on income from U.S. sources only.

Not Effectively Connected Income

Income from sources outside the United States that is not effectively connected with a trade or business in the United States is not taxable if you receive it while you are a nonresident alien.

Income From U.S. Sources

Income from U.S. sources is taxable whether you receive it while a nonresident alien or a resident alien unless specifically exempt under the Internal Revenue Code or a tax treaty provision. Generally, tax treaty provisions apply only to the part of the year you were a nonresident. However, an exception to this rule exists. Refer to "Students, Apprentices, Trainees, Teachers, Professors, and Researchers Who Became Resident Aliens" found in Chapter 9 of Publication 519, U.S. Tax Guide for Aliens.

When determining what income is taxed in the United States, you must consider exemptions under U.S. tax law as well as the reduced tax rates and exemptions provided by tax treaties between the United States and certain foreign countries.